6 Fundamental Cancer Symptoms You Must Be Aware Of
Every person should be aware of cancer symptoms in other to facilitate the process to cure cancer. Based on the knowledge of these symptoms, it is also important that the person affected should undergo necessary examination so as to make sure that he/she does not die of any of the forms of cancer. It is not intended to imply that every individual will have cancer, but cancer is a possibility that everyone must face. It is necessary to be aware of the danger and to face it intelligently and courageously. It is important to know that even the most skilled surgeons cannot cure cancer if the cancer has progressed too far before it is discovered.
In other to prevent cancer, a person should be on the look-out for any condition likely to cause cancer or for the earliest symptoms of what may be developing cancer. The appearance of any one of the following under listed six symptoms, should lead to a prompt examination to determine whether or not cancer is present:
1. A lump or thickening in the breast or any other part of the body. Women especially, should regularly feel their breasts and if a lump is found, report should be made to a doctor fast.
2. Unusual bleeding or discharge. Blood in the urine may be a symptom of bladder or kidney cancer; blood or mucus in the stools may be a symptom of bowel cancer as well. Any unusual vaginal discharge or bleeding might be a symptom of cancer of the reproductive organs.
3. Nagging cough or chronic hoarseness. A persistent cough, especially if there is spitting of blood and a loss of weight may be a symptom of lung cancer.
4. Any changes in bowel or bladder habits. These might indicate a symptom of the cancer of colon, bladder or prostate.
5. Persistent indigestion or loss of appetite. This usually occurs in the life of people that are over 40 years of age; difficulty in swallowing of food can also be an evidence of the symptoms of stomach cancer or cancer of the oesophagus or throat.
6. Any sore on the lips or tongue or skin that does not heal readily. This could be a symptom that mouth or skin cancer is developing.
It is firmly established that the earlier a person becomes aware of the above cancer symptoms and he/she consults a doctor and receives proper treatment in time, the better are the prospects to cure cancer.