Guidelines for Minimizing Breast Cancer Causes
Continued research in the medical field points out to a wide range of factors that play a very important role in minimizing the risks of developing breast cancer causes in individuals. This condition has become one of the most common types of non-skin cancer that is affecting millions of people every year.
Protective measures against Breast Cancer Causes
Doctors and healthcare practitioners are of the view that apart from a few exceptions this dysfunction develops gradually over an extended period of time with symptoms getting aggravated or reduced due to various triggers. Shifting our perception from the post diagnosis treatment aspect of this disease to introducing awareness and preventive measures in our lifestyle can be helpful in protecting us from this condition to a very large extent.
Listed below are some important guidelines which have preventive benefits and can play an important role in reducing the incidence of breast cancer causes:
• Carry out a regular examination – The primary factors for the development of this condition are related to an individual’s age, gender and genes which are not in our hands. It is therefore very crucial to go in for a regular medical checkup by a qualified doctor. Ideally, young women should opt for screenings once in every three years and go for an annual checkup after the age of forty.
• Maintain ideal body weight – Obesity is one of the foremost breast cancer causes in today’s times as an overweight individual is exposed to increased health risks than others. Intake to unhealthy fats as well as highly processed foods is a leading cause of obesity which in turn giver way to this condition as a large number of highly processed foods in the market contain carcinogenic substances.
• Have an active lifestyle – Including exercises and healthy activities in one’s lifestyle plays a very important role in boosting the immune system, increasing blood circulation, preventing excess fat deposition and decreasing estrogen levels in females. Exercising also brings down the level of Insulin Growth Factor (IGF) which can lead to breast cancer causes if present in increased amounts.
• Minimize environmental toxins – While we cannot avoid toxin exposure completely we can reduce the effects of these contaminants, by keeping away from highly polluted areas, being close to nature and minimizing the use of excess cosmetics, deodorants, room fresheners and pesticides and opting for more natural products and organic foods.
• Avoid smoking and drinking – Though we cannot do much to avoid exposure to environmental toxins, we can stop ourselves from polluting our own bodies intrinsically by saying no to smoking and alcohol. Both of these substances have the highest levels of carcinogens and have been directly linked to breast cancer causes.
• Reduce stress factors – The most recent research work in the field of alternative medicine has attributed high stress and emotional imbalance in individual as one of the strongest precursors for inducing breast cancer causes. A healthy body and mind are interconnected and therefore it is very important to maintain a stress free and relaxed lifestyle.
• Ensure a sound sleeping pattern – The endocrine system plays a crucial role in keeping cancer at bay and ensuring sound sleep patterns is essential to the well-being of this system. Health care professionals therefore recommend eight to ten hours of daily sound sleep in complete darkness in order to keep the body functioning at its optimum.
• Consume more fruits and vegetables – Antioxidants play an extremely important role in reducing the risks of breast cancer causes. As fruits and vegetables contain the maximum number of anti – oxidants one should make them the major part of their daily diet. Some of the most beneficial anti cancer vegetables include Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower and Tomatoes.
• Reduce excess sugar and salt intake – Various studies have been published on the role of excess sugar and salt in triggering breast cancer causes. The risk is even more increased as there are a large number of sugar products and snacks which are loaded with excess and artificial sweeteners and salts that are highly carcinogenic.
• Avoid hormonal therapies – High estrogen levels have also been found to trigger this condition. Women should therefore take care when opting for drugs to treat menopausal symptoms as most of them have an estrogen base.
Adopting a healthier and more conscious lifestyle by following the above mentioned guidelines will go a long way in keeping you safe and in minimizing the occurrence of breast cancer causes successfully.